The Maltese EU Presidency organises the Tourism High Level Conference : "Enhancing Europe's tourism competitiveness through new products", on 25-26 of May 2017, at Hilton, Malta.
George Drakopoulos will be the Keynote Speaker in the session : "Sharing Economy: Impact and implications on tourism development".
He will also contribute as a panelist in the session about seasonality: "Strategies for addressing seasonality impacts".
The Speakers list, among others, includes the following :
- Hon Dr Joseph Muscat, Prime Minister of Malta
- Hon Dr Edward Zammit Lewis, Minister for Tourism, Malta
- Mr Taleb Rifai, UNWTO Secretary General
- Mrs Elżbieta Bieńkowska, European Commissioner for Internal market, Industry, Entrepreneurship and SMEs
- Mr Eduardo Santander, Executive Director, European Travel Commission
- Mr Kenny Jacobs, Chief Marketing Officer, Ryanair
- Mr George Tziallas, Secretary General for Tourism Policy and Development, Ministry for Tourism Greece
- Mr Christian de Barrin, Chief Executive Officer, Hotrec
- Mr Andrea D' Amico, Regional Director, Booking.com
- Mr Tom Jenkins, CEO European Tour Operators Association (ETOA)
- Hon Ms Nikolina Angelkova, Minister of Tourism Bulgaria
- Ms Helen Marano, Sen. Vice President of Government and Industry Affairs WTTC
To see the full programme, please click here.