Senior Level Energy Risk Management and Technical Leader with proven leadership skills and recognized analytical expertise in the energy marketing industry.
Strong energetic professional who effectively balances hands-on and collaborative management styles. Expert with strong communication skills has extensive experience managing analytical teams.
Recognized as an industry authority in energy risk management, asset, and options valuation. Customer focused, delivers “fit for purpose” risk management and analytical solutions that support business commercialization.
Expertise in delivery of solutions supporting key business decisions impacting the bottom line. Competencies include:
Risk Management Advanced Analytics C-Level Communication
Due Diligence Coaching/Mentoring Team Building/Leadership
Business Development Fundamental Analysis Commercial Expertise
- Member of GARP's Energy Oversight Committee that developed and administers the Energy Risk Professional (ERP) Certification Program (2008-2013).
- Co-authored book titled "Real Options and Energy Management: Using Options Methodology to Enhance Capital Budgeting Decisions" (Risk Publications, 2003).
- Authored articles on VaR that appeared in financial and energy industry publications.
- Frequent Speaker on Risk Management, Asset Valuation, Options, Real Options, Volatility, Forward Curves, VaR & Capital Allocation.
- Chairman at financial and energy industry conferences in USA, Europe & Australia.
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Operations Research & Shipping Management,
Thesis Title: Yield Management in the Maritime Industry
Masters of Science, MIT, Sloan School of Management, Operations Research
Masters of Science, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Shipping Management
Bachelors of Science, National Technical University of Athens, Greece, Naval Architecture
MEMBERSHIP & HONORS
Global Association of Risk Professionals, GARP
Professional Risk Managers’ International Association, PRMIA
Eugenidis Foundation Fellowship for graduate studies in the U.S.A.
Technical Chamber of Greece, Certified Naval Architect and Marine Engineer
Parks & Recreation Board, City of West University Place, TX (appointment: 2017-19)
Charter Review Committee, City of West University Place, TX (appointment: 2018)